Monday, November 26, 2012

My First Blog post on The Disney Planning Blog...

Pin It Now!

I love to go to Walt Disney World. It truly is the Happiest Place on Earth! My first trip was in 1982 with my mom, dad and little sister. I can still remember things we did on that trip like exploring Tom Sawyer Island and meeting the characters.  Donald Duck was actually shorter than I was!  My husband and I planned a Disney Trip with our son for the first time in 1995.  He was about to turn 3, and we had an awesome deal from Disney through the purchase of the Lion King video (Yes, VIDEO).  That was a great trip with so many memories.  And a cheap one too!  Looking back I can’t believe that we were there for 3 nights at the All-Star Music with 4 days of Hopper passes for under $500 TOTAL!  And it included a character breakfast.  My how times and prices have changed.

One thing that sticks out more than all the memories I have of those first special trips, is the fact that looking back and knowing what I know now, I realize how much more there was to experience that we missed out on. As wonderful as those trips were, and I would’t take anything for those memories, once I started planning and researching the WDW Resorts and Theme Parks I knew that I would make sure that every trip after would be to the fullest. Not missing a thing.  My mission through upcoming blog posts about tips, secrets and reviews will be to help you with planning for your family’s ultimate WDW vacation.  So you too won’t miss out on anything.

There is nothing like the memories you make at Disney World. Our family travels a lot, and we do a lot of fun things together. We are always making memories. But it seems like we talk about our Disney World trips more than anything. The Kids love to pull out the scrapbooks from our past trips and look at them to remember the fun. And often we get out the family video tapes of our trips and watch them and laugh and wish we were back there again.  I will never forget the first time my son met Goofy on our first trip. Goofy was his favorite character and we hadn’t  been able to find him. It was our last day and suddenly – there was Goofy. Spencer was so excited; he ran over to him and gave him a big hug and a kiss on the nose.  Then there was the first time my daughter saw Cinderella’s Castle. It was night and the Magic Kingdom was decorated for Christmas. We covered her eyes until we got out on Main Street right in front of the Castle. When we uncovered her eyes and she saw the Castle and then looked around and realized where she was, she spread out her arms and twirled around saying, “It’s all so wonderful!”, my thoughts exactly.

I am so blessed to be able to have these memories, and many more, of happy times with my family. I love Disney World and everything Disney, as you might tell.  Just walking into the Magic Kingdom is a treat! The sights, sounds, and smells. You see the Castle and you know…You have arrived. But those are the obvious delights. There are many little things that you may not know that can make your experience even more enjoyable. Stay tuned to The Disney Planning Blog, check back often, and you’ll find those little hidden treasures revealed.  One might be just the thing that makes your WDW trip “MAGIC” come alive.

You can follow all of my blog posts at http://www.disneyplanningblog.com/ and get great tips for planing your WDW vacation.

No comments: