Wednesday, March 5, 2014

E.L.F. Cosmetics - THE BEST MAKEUP BRUSH

Pin It Now!

Makeup is a passion of mine. I almost never get out of a drug store without purchasing some little make up thing. Be it a new lipstick, gloss, shadow or most likely a makeup brush. I am a little obsessed with makeup brushes (as you can see by the picture below). But of all the many brushes I have purchased and used over the years, there is ONE that stands above the rest. It's THE ONE make up brush you should add to your makeup bag too.
    Yes, I love makeup brushes. 
         And these are just my
            everyday brushes. 

The brush is E.L.F Cosmetics ( E.L.F. stands for eyes, lips, face) Studio Powder Brush. I purchased mine at Target for only $3, you can also find them on the E.L.F website in the link above. But if you purchase online, remember you will have to pay shipping and handling, so first try a trip to your local Target Store. 

I love, love, love all of the E.L.F. Cosmetics line.  There are a few things that I'm not totally crazy for, and I will post review articles and Youtube Vlogs to help you sort out which are the best and which are just so-so. But I'm getting ahead of myself, back to the brush...
        E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush

This brush is a powder brush, but I do not use it for powder! Did you hear that...I DO NOT USE IT FOR POWDER.  What I do use it for is applying my base makeup. Yes, base makeup. Listen ladies, if you are still using your hands, fingers, or sponges to apply your base makeup STOP! You simply have to try using a brush to apply the makeup. You won't believe the sheer coverage you will get, while still getting a nice even cover, or how little product you will need by using the brush versus your hand or a sponge. I know the big rage right now is all about the beauty blender sponge, and I do have one and really like it, but I only use it for highlighting and contouring and to blend not for actual application as I find that they tend to be heavy handed and take away more product than I'd like.

So as I said I do not use the Studio Powder Brush for powder, I am sure it is great for powder, but it's true calling is for base makeup application.  I have used all types of base makeup with the brush from cream, to liquid and anything else they have out there. The awesome feature about this brush, apposed to those brushes labeled as makeup application brushes, is its FLAT HEAD. 

The top of the brush is completely flat which makes it perfect for contouring to your face. I have found that the typical makeup application brushes that are on the market these days with the tight, curved bristles, while looking as if they would work well, actually simulate more of a spatula-type application that doesn't blend well at all. This particular brush has bristles that do not hold or soak up the product but allow it to be placed evenly on the face. The brush's bristles are anti-bacterial, synthetic haired and very soft. 

So there you have it, another tip from The Dixie Pixie to help you Have Fun/Save Money/& Look Fabulous. If you are looking for the ONE makeup brush that you can't go wrong with, its the Studio Powder Brush by E.L.F. Cosmetics.  I've uploaded a short video that shows the brush and how it works on my YouTube Channel, so click the link and check it out for more details about this awesome brush.

No comments: