Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Women's Fashion. Summer outfits.

Pin It Now!


Well guess what, it's not raining anymore. But it is still very cold here in North Carolina. Tomorrow is the first day of Spring, and the weather-man is forecasting a warm day to start the new season. So while it's still chilly here I'm continuing my day dreaming of warm, sunny days and fashion to fill those days with. Monday I looked at stylish Spring and Summer handbags in yummy pastel colors. Yesterday I checked out some sweet little sandals to show off painted toenails at the beach. Today begins a new series that will be featured on the blog, "Women's Fashion Wednesday", with a cute outfit for Summer. 


             

This outfit is a look I love! A basic bottom paired with a stylish but classic top. In this outfit, the bottoms are basic black Bermuda shorts. This Dana Buchman pair can be purchased from Kohl's and feature a high waiste and skinny belt accent.  I chose a cashmere sweater in a classic cut with a black and white wide set stripe. This particular sweater costs $275 from a British clothier. That's way more than I would ever pay for a top, and I think you could do without it being cashmere. But I'm sure you could find a sweater or t-shirt that has a similar look. 

For accessories I added a stylish black and white purse by Lulu Guiness from JC Penny and Steve Madden flats in cream and silver. I love those little flats. I think simple jewelry would be best, so I picked little gold circle drop earrings. A pink bubble necklace adds a bit of color and fun to finish off the outfit. 

So there you have it. A classic look that's still fun and fashionable for summer. Let me know what you think in the comments below. 
Sending you Summer-dreams and hugs...The Dixie Pixie. 
*Links to the sites where you can find more information about the items is below. 




Cashmere sweater
$275 - austique.co.uk

Lulu Guinness tote bag
jcpenney.com

Circle earrings
shoptiques.com

Bubble necklace
amazon.com

No comments: